Saturday, November 8, 2014

I Knew I Loved You

So, I got behind on my posts. I intended to post every day this month but this weekend got to full and I didn't get to it. So I'm just going to back date a few and pretend like I always meet my goals. wink emoticon
Last week I wrote about getting sick on my mission and having to come home. Well, while I was home I visited my younger sister at BYU. While there she told me about a few boys she had crushes on and then she introduced me to one at church. We talked a total of about 5 minutes. I was essentially engaged and still technically a missionary, so I was not in the mind set of thinking of guys I met as potential boyfriends or anything. But this guy impressed me. I was instantly attracted to him on a spiritual/emotional/mental/subconcious level (okay physically attracted to, and I'm sure I could have acknowledged my attraction consciously, but... you get the idea, right?) I wanted him in my life, forever. So, I told my sister she should marry him. She laughed and told me he was too old for her (she was only 17 and he was 24). 
So that was in February, I got home from my mission (the second time) in July (now no longer engaged) and went back to BYU in August. On our way up to school my sister and I started talking about this guy, and I was excited to see him again. We tried visiting him on the second day of school, but he wasn't home when we stopped by his house. On the fourth day of school I was in the basement of our condo and I heard two guys come in upstairs. I instantly recognized the voice of this guy. Even though I had only talked to him for 5 minutes over 6 month before, I knew it was him, and I was EXCITED. 
So this guy's name is Ryan. Ryan took me to the homecoming dance two months later. This was our first time to dance together and the first song we danced to was "I knew I loved You" by Savage Garden. As I listened to the words it was describing how I felt about Ryan, that there was part of me that always knew and loved him and was just waiting for him to come back to me. And that's how I felt with Abby - that once she came into my life it was as though she had always been part of it.
So, obviously, my song today is "I knew I loved You" by Savage Garden (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjnmICxvoVY).

No comments: