Sunday, November 30, 2014

Something Perfect


Adoption arises from pain (pain for a couple faced with infertility, pain for a birth mom breaking her heart to provide a life for a child she is unable to provide, pain of a child struggling with feeling abandoned/ and or abused), but it results in love and joy and so much wonderfulness. There is so much love in adoption, so much beauty, so much peace, so much joy. I'm so grateful for adoption in my life - not just because that is how I became a mom, but because I'm grateful it is the way I became a mom. Does that make sense - I'm grateful for what led me to adoption, I'm grateful to be part of the adoption community and all that has come into my life because of it, I'm grateful to have Abby just as she is, I'm grateful we adopted. I would still love to have the experience of pregnancy and delivery and knowing what it is like to have a child that looks like you and carries your DNA - I would just like to have those experiences, but I wouldn't trade my adoption experiences for them. Because there is so much perfection in adoption, and I'm SO GRATEFUL!!!!!!!!!! (After posting about our adoption every day for 30 days I'm out of ideas of things to write about, so - if you have a question or an idea of something you would like me to write about please let me know! Also, thanks so much to all of you who have read my posts, who have commented, who have shared them. smile emoticon )
My songs for today (my final songs): "Something Perfect" by Michael McLean (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW4WMzl4h8g) and "Keeper of the Stars" by Tracy Byrd (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wngb5Mq1SQY)





No comments: