Sunday, November 2, 2014

When I Was Broken

Yesterday I wrote a little about how shocked I was when the doctor told us the unlikelihood of us conceiving children on our own. I wasn't just shocked, I was broken. It was a state of depression I had never experienced before or since. I cried and couldn't stop crying. It was bad. One night when Ryan and I were eating dinner he told me that he could understand why this was hard on me, but he couldn't understand why I was struggling to the extent I was. He didn't understand why I couldn't stop crying. I couldn't understand either, I don't usually struggle so much. Luckily, soon after that we were ready to tell our families about what we were facing, and they started praying for us. And with that strength I was able to stop crying and start trusting in my Father's plan.
Two songs remind me of that broken state: "Her Diamonds" by Rob Thomas (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNCgfrjKcqs) and "Just Let Me Cry" by Hillary Weeks (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt0BKDOe3x0).



No comments: