Wednesday, September 17, 2014

She's Back!

Today I got my Abby back, somewhat. She has been sick the past few days. She woke up from her Sunday nap with a fever, and it was constant until late last night. But no fever today, hallelujah. While she was sick she was miserable and wanted to be held 100% of the time. It reminded me of when she was a baby and colicky. If she fell asleep and I was holding her and tried to lay her down she woke up immediately. If she fell asleep laying next to me and I left she woke up within five minutes (like I tried to eat a bowl of cereal and only got half way through.) I learned during those colic days that instead of being frustrated because I "wasn't accomplishing anything" to enjoy the time with her, enjoy the cuddles and closeness her desire to be with me. I knew it wouldn't last, and it hasn't. Abby is not a terribly snuggly kid. She's gotten a little more cuddly, but I still don't get as much cuddle time as I would like. She's generally to active to slow down for such things. So during the 2.5 days she wanted to be glued to me I enjoyed it (although my heart broke with how much pain she was in.) I also enjoyed the sweet things she would do. Like when I would be holding her and she would be so close to asleep that I would be convinced she was, and then I would cough and she would say "bless you." Or when we were laying down reading and she leaned in a little closer and said "I love you so much." Or when I was laying with my head on a pillow and she was sitting right next to my head on the same pillow and she wrapped her arm around my head and said "I'm holding you." Today she is closer to her normal self. Almost no snuggles today - she was busy and jumping. (She's still not 100% percent which makes her more whiny and grumpy.) But she isn't in so much pain which makes me very happy. But moments like those when she is just so sweet are what make being a mommy the best job in the world. I am so grateful I finally got to have my dream job. Thanks for finding me my angel Abby. ‪#‎iloveher‬ ‪#‎adoptionrocks‬ ‪#‎iloveadoption‬‪#‎abbysthebest‬

No comments: