Friday, February 5, 2010

Where I am at

Well, I thought I would review my goals and see where I am at.

Spiritual
• Spend time daily doing both personal and family religious study - pretty good
• Get 100% visiting teaching every month - got it last month
• Increase my understanding of the atonement through a more in depth study of the fall and the atonement - have started this but could intensify the study
• Pray for and ponder ways to bring two of my favorite people to full activity in the church - need to improve
• Have at least two of my friends take the discussions - need to work harder
• Learn to do family history and start doing it - need to start
• Catch up and keep up on my journal - doing great on one journal and terrible on the other
• Don't say anything that could be considered gossip and if others start to gossip around me ask them to stop - doing pretty good at not gossiping but haven't yet had hte courage to ask others to stop gossiping

Mental
• Become proficient in fMRI - improving
• Read, or listen to, at least 6 classics - just finished Pride and Prejudice
• Become more expert in autism and the aging brain (not that I am currently an expert in either, I just mean that I might not be considered an expert in either by the end of the year, I will just work on learning more about each) - improving

Family and Home
• Clean my house for real at least once a month (nope, I'm not a great housekeeper, and it is hard to motivate myself to clean when Ryan and I don't make much of a mess so you don't really see dirt) - I did clean my house really well this past month because my parents came to visit
• Pick up my house daily, or at least every other day (don't want to commit to too much) - I have improved
• Call a sister at least every other week (this is a goal not because I have to motivate myself to talk to my sisters, but because I HATE making phone calls to anyone - Ryan is the only one I don't have to talk myself into calling - it's a challenge - can't really explain why) - still working on this - why is it that I hate making phone calls so much - could it be genetic?
• Call my parents every week, or at least every other week (I can't always think of things to say on a weekly basis) - I believe I have talked to my parents at least every other week so far, but that just kind of happened
• See Ryan's family at least once a month - need to work on this - I did see his parents twice and his younger sister once, but didn't see his older sister at all
• Be better at recognizing Ryan's needs and desires and tyring to meet them, even if it means putting them above my own - needs improvement

Physical
• Exercise at least 156 days of the year (that's just 3 times a week) - doing fantastic - I have already exercised 31 days!
• Eat more balanced and healthier (try to get all my food groups in every day in the proportions that I should) - I have been eating pretty healthy, but can improve int he balance area
• Only eat sugar on holidays and mine and Ryan's birthdays - haven't had any sugar this year
• Drink at least 64 ounces of water a day - preferably 80 or more - doing fantastic, I usually drink about 100 ounces, except weekends are a little harder when I am at the temple or church all day
• Take my vitamins every day - doing pretty well - I know I have missed some days but I have taken them more days than I have missed

Social
• Do something with someone other than Ryan and people I work with at least twice a month, preferably once a week - I did last month
• Do at least one act of service, outside of service related to my church callings, once a week - I have been doing this but I haven't yet had to push myself or to do something outside my regular routine yet, so I should stretch myself more
• Have friends to dinner at least once a month - did this
• Keep current on my blog - I am currently a little behind but plan to catch up today

Talents, or lack there of
• Practice the piano - at least an hour a week - definately lacking
• Learn to be a better photographer - definately lacking

I think over all I am doing pretty well, but I obviously still need to improve - hopefully I will do better in February than I did in January.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are doing well on your goals. Good job! How many journals do you have anyway?

Anonymous said...

looks like you are doing great! you don't have to accomplish everything the first month! you are awesome!
Emily Nelson

Anonymous said...

Hi Mand- Thanks for sharing. Reminds me I need to write out my 2010 goals. So far my goal has been to get daught up on urgent things! I'm running pretty fast. You give me hope. Am fasting and praying today, of course. love,mom